Friday, July 21, 2006

can you spare a square?!?!

my loyal readers.

i have a request of you all.

i am currently embarking upon an epic ART project. a deeply epic ART project.

pretty much, i want knitted white squares, 3" by 3" any yarn, any gauge. as many as possible, from as many people as possible.

i would also love it if someone could make me a button to promote it.

essentially, your little veritas is an 'artist' - by this, i have a degree in visual arts, it was always my passion dream desire etc to get into art for a career. however, uni sort of killed that for me. that, and i have people whom i have conflict with in the brisbane art scene. but, really, we are all adults. and frankly, i am sick of negotiating my actions around trying not to bother people. i want to make art. i want to be involved in the scene!


me make art! me need white squares!



loyal subjects! please email me at spare.a.square@gmail.com for my address and extra details. i need heaps. please! please! please!

10 comments:

OLPP said...

i shall make you a white square. and it shall be fancified, but not showy. and it shall be maybe the only square you get from phoenix, arizona. hooray, white square!

Greg Williamson said...

teach me to knit and i'll make yu one ^^

buttercup said...

I'd be happy to make you squares. Would you like more than one? You can PM me at calnj@optonline.net

roxy =^o^= said...

CHICA!

I'm makig squares as we speak -- and I attepted to make a button, but it's big LOL

Check out my blog!

Alliesw said...

Oh, what a good idea for the kids on vacation --now to dig out the white yarn!

wonky said...

I have 20 squares and still knitting! Pics on my blog!

Ali said...

I'll make you a square or two, happily, happily, I shall.

Now, I must run to Wonky's site and see the 20 squares.

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I made you a button - I put it on my blog too :)

alimum said...

I will also make you squares.

Ed said...

It's just as well I read the whole thing as I nearly had a piece of loo roll ready for dispatch. Good title.